galleries within galleries...

Posted by cyberdyn 
galleries within galleries...
November 04, 2009 01:51PM
Hello --
As I'm building my galleries I would very much like to have a top-level gallery (i.e., "Catalog"winking smiley and then several items within that catalog that will be galleries (i.e., Dresses, Shoes, Pant Suits...).

There are also instances where I would like to create a gallery with some items from other galleries... i.e., if I wanted to create a gallery called "Green Stuff" and put Green Dresses, Green Shoes and Green Pant Suits into that area. -- The Search function is terrific and it would be wonderful to have a multi-level search capability.

The main reason "multi-level" galleries are so important is: if I enter tags for one image file (and associated Description info) it would be very useful to re-use that rather than have to re-enter it in any other gallery it occurs.

Thanks,
-Todd
Re: galleries within galleries...
December 29, 2009 02:11PM
Hello,
I am having the same problem, I NEED HELP!!!!
I use to be able to put everything in it's own folder and labeled, and all these folders within one folder.
Then I dropped the one folder on Instant Gallery and the new gallery came in just like I wanted, all grouped together.
But then the nightmare started. I, for some stupid reason clicked on sort by name, so now everything is jumbled together and can't get it back to the default where they stayed together.
How do I get back to the default, no sorting.

Thanks, Hesonit
December 29, 2009 05:05PM
The easiest way to get the old order back would be to remove the images then drop the folder back in again if you've not gone to a lot of trouble adding descriptions, tags and so on. Failing that you can reorder the images by dragging them around in the source list.
August 15, 2010 11:10PM
Even for me everything is jumbled up.I can't find a way out to get things in default mode. Can anyone help me.
August 18, 2010 02:52AM
There isn't a default mode, once you have resorted your images the original import order is lost. You can manually reorder the images but that's it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login