Design by ThinkMac
As well as cool Mac software we also do icon, web and application design, with a focus on the Mac and iOS software market. Our price for an application icon for Mac or iOS start at £500/$800. For a bespoke quote get in touch and tell us what you need. We're happy to offer discounts to students, hobbyists and non-profits.
Why icons matter
As the first point of contact between your software and your customers, an application's icon is an important part of the user experience. For many indie developers their application's icon is also the most important part of their branding. With an ever more competitive landscape, it's crucial to stand out and try to convey as much of your application's identity and quality as possible.
Icons also play a key role within applications and their quality can have a large impact on the usability of your software. Is their meaning concise? Do they use sensible metaphors? Are the colours consistent and meaningful?
With years of experience in designing icons for both our own applications and our clients, we can help deliver you an excellent Mac or iOS icon, toolbar and button icons and other application graphics.
How the design process works
A lot of our clients ask us what is involved in designing an icon or website, so here is a run down of the process:
- You give us a design brief - this can be as specific as a rough sketch on the back of a napkin or just a list of ideas you would like your website or icon to convey.
- We'll give you a quote based on how much work we think your project will take.
- The next stage is to agree on how the final design will look. We'll provide sketches and mockups and discuss our ideas with you.
- Once the design is agreed upon, we'll get to down to work implementing it for you. We'll check with you along the way to make sure you're happy with how things are progressing.
- Any last minute alterations are made and we hand off the deliverables to you.
Going flat out
The recent "flat style" trend kicked off by Microsoft with their Metro design language and later adopted by Apple in iOS 7, means many developers are looking to update their icons to remove unnecessary elements and textures. Getting the balance right between detail and minimalism isn't always easy but we believe the middle-road as exemplified by our iKanji touch and iKana touch icons is the right approach for most applications. Retaining familiarity and friendliness while looking at home on iOS 7.
Just a few of our satisfied clients:
- We're happy to provide you with Photoshop and other 'master' documents once a project is completed and paid for.
- We won't ask for up-front payment, but we don't work for free even if you don't ultimately use our design.
- Significant changes late in the design process may incur additional costs.